Translate

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Brae-er's Blog Hop featuring New Product from the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book

Welcome to the Brae-er's blog hop for February.  With the launch of the new Spring/Summer Idea book on February 1st we are so excited to show you some of the new products that are in it.  This Idea Book has so much beautiful product in it, and it is so hard to choose one particular favourite.  When looking at the book for the first time I was immediately drawn to the 'Balloon Ride' paper pack.  It features muted colours in sorbet, crème brulee, juniper, crystal blue, champagne and saddle.  Those colours speak of tranquility to me and adding the balloon theme just speaks more tranquility to me.  One of the things that would be so fascinating to me would to be in the basket of a balloon and floating in a clear blue sky far above the busy-ness of the ground on the earth.  So having spouting off about that, let's just get to the blog hop shall we?  This blog hop is circular in nature so if this is where you have started then welcome!!  If you came from Brae's blog then you are in the right spot.


For my product focus I chose to showcase some of the cards that I made using the Balloon Ride paper pack, the Give a Lift stamp set and the stamp set from the Balloon Ride Workshop on the Go.

This card uses the paper pack.  I fussy cut the balloon and the clouds from the balloon patterned paper.  Have I mentioned that I love...love the muted colours?  They just speak peace to me...
A little bit of liquid glass on the top part of the balloon and a sentiment from the "Give A Lift" stamp set finish off this card. 



This card uses the "Give a Lift" stamp set.   I stamped the balloon with saddle ink and then coloured the flowers with alcohol markers.  Lots of little details that can be too fussy for some, but for me the fussier the work the better I like it.  Some Sparkles finish off this card.


This last card is a very simple one and showcases one of the stamps from the Balloon Ride Workshop on the Go.   This card is meant to be a simple yet elegant card with the addition of Shimmer Trim, both silver and black.  The wider strip is a piece of the black and grey glitter paper.   A bit of ruby ink distressing, glitter glitz and some of the clear flourishes finish the card off. 

I hope that you enjoy this blog hop.  Before you go please feel free to leave a comment, and then hop on over to Tamara Lisowski's blog.  Go see the beautiful artwork she has created for us.

If you get lost along the way, you can head to Brae's blog, as she has the complete blog list.

Thanks for hopping along with us- we hope that we were able to inspire you to get creative using some of the designs, products and techniques seen along the way.  We hope that you will join us again next month when we will be featuring projects centering around sunshine and warm breezes.  See you then...until then stay warm!!




 

5 comments:

  1. Lucy your cards are very pretty- this is one of my fav papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cards Lucy!! I do especially love the first one!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards. Love how you used the glitter on the 3rd one,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pretty pretty! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete