Translate

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bracket Frame

I had so much fun with this frame...creating a beautiful piece of home decor.  Using some techniques that I gleaned from Tamra Pope's blog I created this bracket frame.
 
I used the Pear and Partridge paper pack from Close to my Heart and also used a lot of cardstock.  I also used the Cricut Artiste cartridge (available through me) to cut the floral pieces. I cut the flowers various sizes, ranging in size from 1/2" to 2 3/4" and then let the magic begin.  Use a mouse pad and the rounded end of your paper piercer or dry embosser and press the flower using circular action.  The flower will begin to change and become a 3-D flower.  Do this with all of the pieces and then glue them together in the centres only, making sure that you alternate the petals.  You will end up with a very pretty flower that almost resembles a cabbage flower.    Cut the leaves with the cartridge and shape them with the embossing tool.  
For the pine cones, I cut a rose from the Art Philosophy cartridge (also available through me) and then rolled it up, but instead of forming it into a rose I left it up higher and glued it with Liquid Glass.  I spread some Liquid Applique on the cones, making a snow effect.  
The final touch came in adding some brown sparkles to the flowers.
I am also adding some close up photos of the flower work.
 


I hope you enjoy this.  Make sure that you try this for yourself.  It is a lot of fun to see paper become more 3 dimensional.


P.S. if you want more detailed info as to how to do this tecnique go to Tamra Pope's blog:    http://tamrascraftypapercreations.blogspot.ca/2012/08/christmas-wreath-and-poinsettia-flower.html

She explains it so well - why re-invent the wheel?

Have a great day! Lucy :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment